1. Linda Chiarenza and Deb Lombardo from
West Side Neighborhood Housing Services gave a brief presentation regarding programs
available to residents. They
are also working with the anti-graffiti initiative. Linda also
announced her retirement, we are grateful for her service.
2.Garden Walk is this weekend, 417 Gardens have signed up. Committee
has asked that people refrain form having yard sales etc. during these
3. 76 Norwood, neighbors complained about the upkeep of this house.
Rivera's office has ordered an inspection.
4.In May of this year we received notice that the parking
regulations on Richmond Avenue would be changed by the end of June. As
of today it still has not happened. We were informed that the sign
machine was malfunctioning and that is the reason for the delay.
Residents requested either the old signs come down or Parking
enforcement stop giving tickets.
5. for over two years residents and anyone
who drives on Richmond avenue complain about the condition of the
street from Symphony Circle to West Ferry Circle. Councilman Rivera
said that the paving would take place later this summer.
6. New lighting for Richmond is scheduled for the fall between West
Ferry and Colonial Circle. same light
standards that were put in between Symphony and West Ferry two years
7. Lights are out in the Ferry Circle and a light pole has been
knocked down in the outer circle of West Ferry.
8. Children's Hospital: RFP is going out
at the end of the summer, for the redevelopment of the current
Children's Hospital area, once they have
moved to the Medical Campus.
9. Residents are concerned about Unilands
plans to develop apartments in the Nazareth Home site between North
and Summer. Increased traffic from the
driveway is the reason for the concern .
10. Many residents are concerned regarding the NFTA'S decision to have
the No. 12 West Utica Bus head down Richmond to West Ferry. This was a
change in June with no feed back from the
community. The condition of the street is bad enough with increased
commercial vehicles, changing the bus route is a serious cause for
11. State Senator Tim Kennedy will hold a Neighborhood Meeting on
Tuesday July 28 at 6pm at the Richmond Summer Senior Center.
NEXT RNCA, NORWOOD /SUMMER BLOCK CLUB MEETING IS SCHEDULED FOR